Without your teeth, you couldn’t eat, chew and live an ordinary life. They are one of the most vital components of your body and without them, you would suffer great. That is why dentists and society put a greater emphasis on looking after your teeth. And just to show you how amazing and important they are, we have six things about them that are going to blow your mind – plus another four cool things about your mouth and gums!
- Your teeth start to form even before you are born. While you are in the womb, “milk teeth” start to develop, but won’t come through until you’re at least six months old. And in some cases, as later as a year.
- After your baby teeth fall out, you will get your permanent teeth. Humans are the only creatures that have only two sets of teeth in their entire lifetime.
- You won’t be shocked to know that only one third of your tooth is underneath your gums. The remaining two thirds is out in the daylight – giving you more emphasis to look after them!
- You will also find that humans have four different types of teeth – incisors, canine, premolars, and molars. These four teeth are going to cut up and eat your food!
- The strongest part of the tooth isn’t the tooth itself; its the enamel on the top surface. You will be shocked to know it is the hardest part of your entire body.
- Just like your fingertips, everyone has a different set of teeth. Your teeth are unique and cannot be the same as anyone else’s. Talk about standing out!
Now that we have spoken about teeth individually, let us look at some other fascinating facts that come with your gums and mouth!
- You will spend a total of 39 days brushing your teeth over the course of 60 years! That’s a lot of toothpaste!
- If your tooth ever gets knocked out, you can put it in milk and rush over to the dentist. It will ensure that your tooth is protected before it is put back in.
- Saliva has many uses, including assisting you with your digestion and protects your teeth from bacteria in your mouth.
- You will fill up two full size swimming pools with saliva. That is how much you will accumulate over your lifetime.
This blog was sponsored by the renowned dentist in Cranbourne at Shine Dental Group. When it comes to providing the best orthodontist services in Cranbourne, then they are the experts for you. For more information, reach out and speak to them today.
Quit Smoking through Hypnosis you will discover that you, yourself, are capable of feeling fulfilled and satisfied without smoking. If you are looking for hypnotherapy in Langwarrin, give us call today!